A mother and her two children were burnt to death in a fire outbreak that occurred in Riban Garmu village, Dewu Ward in Kirfi Local Government Area of Bauchi State.
Four other persons sustained injuries in the inferno that completely razed the four-bedroom house apartment and are currently receiving treatment at Kirfi General Hospital.
It was gathered that the fire was caused by a spark from the electricity connection in the apartment while the family was asleep.
According to an eyewitness, the mother and her children were screaming and crying for help but all efforts to force the door of the apartment open in order to rescue them failed.
The member representing Kirfi Constituency at the State House of Assembly, Hon. Abdulkadir Umar Dewu, paid a sympathy visit to the family of the victims on behalf of the State Governor, Bala Mohammed.
He presented a cash donation of the sum of N250,000 to the family on behalf of the Governor.